3 easy-to-make appetizer recipes
An appetizer, starter, or and hors-d’oeuvre is a small dish that is served before a meal. Some appetizers are served hot while others are served cold. It all depends on the dish. Hors-d’oeuvre can be served at the dinner table as a part of the meal or served before seating. Appetizers are smaller compared to main course dishes and are often designed to be eaten by hand with the minimum use of any cutlery.
If you are planning to make delicious yet easy appetizers for a party, this article offers some of the best recipes you can try at home.
What are some important points to remember about appetizers?
- Count about three to five pieces of an appetizer per person as a pre-dinner snack.
- However, in a party that is serving only appetizers, you can count about eight to ten pieces per person for about 2 hours. You can increase the number if the party would be going on for longer and if the guests are drinking.
What is the recipe for honey garlic crunch chicken tenders?
- For making honey garlic crunch chicken tenders you will need 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts that are sliced into 5-6 slices each, 2 cups of flour, ½ cup panko breadcrumbs, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, ½ teaspoon seasoning salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, 3 eggs, 3 tablespoons water, 1 and a ½ tablespoon oil, oil for frying, and green onions.
- The sauce will require ½ cup honey, 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, 4 large crushed garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon of finely diced ginger, ½ teaspoon of chili flakes, and ⅓ cup water.
- Preheat oil at about 375℉.
- For preparing the sauce mix together all the sauce ingredients in a small pan. Boil it and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- For preparing the chicken, combine flour, bread crumbs, and seasonings in a bowl and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk in the eggs along with 3 tablespoons of water and 1 and a ½ tablespoons of oil.
- Using half of the flour mixture, dip each piece of chicken in the egg mix and then the flour. Do this twice for a double coat. Now, gently press the flour into the chicken and shake off the excess flour. Place each piece on a wire rack till all the chicken is completely coated.
- Fry the chicken in small batches until it turns crispy and cooked and drain the excess oil on paper towels.
- Place the cooked chicken in a bowl and pour the warm sauce and toss till the sauce covers all the chicken.
- Season with green onions and serve.
What is the recipe for sausage balls?
- For making sausage balls you will require only three ingredients, namely, sausage, cheddar cheese, and biscuit mix.
- To prepare sausage balls combine all the three ingredients,
- Mix them well and roll them into small balls. Place them on a baking sheet with a parchment line.
- Bake the sausage balls for about 20 minutes in a 350℉ oven.
- Place them on a platter and serve with your favorite dip.
What is the recipe for pastrami roll-ups?
- For making pastrami roll-ups you will need ¾ cup spreadable cream cheese, ½ cup crumbled blue cheese, 12 slices of lean deli pastrami, and 12 dill pickle spears.
- Start by mixing together cream and blue cheese in a small bowl until it is properly blended. Pat pickles and pastrami dry using paper towels, if necessary.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture on each pastrami slice. Top it with a pickle spear.
- Roll up the pastrami slices tightly. Cut each roll into four slices.
- Serve on a serving platter.
- Refrigerate the leftovers.