We all have different needs when it comes to enjoying a blissful bathing experience. While some prefer standard bathing tubs, walk-in tubs have also become a common choice for many people nowadays. A walk-in tub features a low-watertight door that lets the bather comfortably step into the tub. These tubs prove to be a valuable addition to the bathroom and are especially great for individuals who face a challenge with mobility and accessibility. Walk-in tubs bring with them a luxurious bathing experience.
Are you wondering whether a walk-in tub must be the next new fixture in your bathroom? Here are some benefits of these tubs that may help you solidify your decision:
- Improved safety: Walk-in tubs are undoubtedly much safer than the standard variant of bathtubs. The standard tubs increase the risk of tripping or falling in the tub when entering or making an exit, but walk-in tubs alleviate this fear as they come with several safety features like grab bars, anti-slip flooring, contoured built-in seating, and more. This prevents falls among children, the elderly, and anybody with restricted mobility.
- Essential comfort: These types of tubs run high on the comfort level. One does not have to step into a high pool of water, and this lets walk-in tubs provide better water depth. The bather is seated securely while enjoying a comfortable immersion. For a more luxurious experience, a lot of walk-in tub models also have features like hydrotherapy jets, heated lighting, and chromotherapy lighting. All these extensive features can truly make for the most comforting bathing experience after a long and exhausting day at work. If you are thinking of a spa experience every time, walk-in tubs make for the best choice.
- A slew of features: The best part about walk-in tubs is that they bring in the best amalgamation of extensive features in a single tub. One does not have to make separate purchases or undertake modifications. Walk-in tubs have all the features like add-on handrails, anti-scald valves, no-slip flooring, and over tub seats. This reduces the need to add in other fixtures or undertake additional construction for remodeling your bathroom space.
- Affordable: As a potential buyer, you may be reluctant to switch to a walk-in tub from a standard bathtub due to the worry of the cost. The cost of transfer may be high, but these tubs are extremely affordable. Buying a quality model will ensure that it lasts for a long time, while also functioning well. It packs the best value while delivering comfort, an independent bathing experience for the elderly, and safety.
- Promotes better health: Walk-in tubs benefit the elderly as warm water soaking reduces aches and pain, while also speeding the healing process after injuries. It improves overall circulation and increases mobility. The feature of hydrotherapy is immensely great for individuals recovering from amputation or is also helpful for those affected by arthritis. Some high-end models also include airbath and massage features, which aid in more sound and soothing sleep.