A glance at the best leaf blowers in 2018
Anyone who has a garden or a backyard will know that a leaf blower is an indispensable tool to keep that space clean and well-maintained. Trees and bushes shed all year around. Some seasons, such as autumn, see an even bigger pile of leaves on the ground. Manually sweeping the debris is a back-breaking and time-consuming effort. That’s where a leaf blower come to your rescue. It uses a nozzle to propel air that helps blow away leaves, debris, and even small pebbles. These devices come in varying sizes, ranging from small handheld units to large machines that move on wheels. Some leaf blower units have a vacuum feature—instead of blowing the debris away, it sucks on the debris and stores it inside a large vacuum bag.
With so many options of leaf blowers available, choosing the right one may be quite a task. Here are some answers to questions about buying a leaf blower and some recommendations for the best leaf blower devices that stood out in 2018.
Which leaf blower is best suited for a small garden?
- The Worx WG520 is the best leaf blower for a small yard or a garden.
- It is an electric leaf blower and weighs only six and a half pounds.
- It has specifications of 110 miles per hour (MPH) and 600 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- It is as powerful as larger gas-based leaf blowers and can even move damp and matted leaves.
- It is available for USD 50 online, which is much cheaper than similarly-powered gas variants that often sell for more than USD 100.
Which is the best leaf blower for a large area?
- The Troy-Bilt TB 672 is a great walk-behind leaf blower for a large garden.
- This sturdy machine is heavy-duty and may move large piles of leaves as well as damp debris.
- It has specifications of 150 MPH and 1000 CFM and weighs around 90 pounds.
- It has a 90-degree chute control and semi-pneumatic wheels.
- This leaf blower is available for USD 462.99.
What is a good backpack leaf blower to consider buying?
- One of the best leaf blower options in the backpack category is the Stihl BR 800 C backpack blower.
- It weighs in at 26 pounds and has specifications of 912 CFM and 239 MPH.
- Suitable for a large property, this gas-fueled machine can clear dry and wet leaves, debris, and even small pebbles.
- Padded shoulder straps and waist belt focus the weight on the hips and not on the back; so the wearer is not left with a back-ache.
What is a good budget-friendly leaf blower?
- One of the best budget-friendly leaf blowers is the Black & Decker BV6000.
- This handheld device may blow leaves and also vacuum them for compost.
- It has specifications of 250 MP and 385 CFM.
- With a 12-amp motor, you may choose between two speeds on this easy-to-use leaf blower.
- Other budget-friendly leaf blowers to consider include Greenworks 24012 and Toro 51585.
Which is the leaf blower option that makes the least noise?
- The quietest leaf blower of 2018 is the Echo Leaf blower.
- This fabulous machine produces a sound of only 65 decibels.
- It is free of the disturbingly high-pitched whine that most leaf blowers come along with.
- The model specifications are 170 MPH with 453 CFM.
- When buying a leaf blower for the first time, make sure the device has an ANSI noise level rating mentioned on it. Leaf blowers without an ANSI rating are generally very noisy.
Which is a good lightweight leaf blower?
- If you have a small garden or only a tiny porch to take care of, a lightweight leaf blower will do just fine.
- A good option to consider is the Black & Decker LSW 36-40-Volt-Cordless.
- Weighing in at only 4.7 pounds, this sturdy handheld machine is capable of blowing away matted leaves on the patio, porch, and in a small yard.