An overview of internet phone services for businesses
The internet phone is a digital communications device used for making calls via the internet. Internet phone is another word for VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) and is also known as internet calling or internet telephony. When you make a call from an internet phone service, it converts your voice into digital signals, then the analog-to-digital converter processes it and sends the data over the internet to the other user.
The internet phone service is a great and cheap way to save money for a business on monthly phone bills. Additionally, it provides lower costs, better features, and better quality voice than the traditional phone services. Cheap internet phone services are available for a business as well as for a home and are beneficial for both.
What is an internet phone service?
Instead of a traditional copper-wired phone, internet phone services use the existing internet connection of a business to convert and transmit data or voice. Internet phone provides a feature-rich and technically-advanced phone solution that solves many problems and helps make your business more convenient. Internet phones can be easily set up, managed, and configured, and are usually a more economical option than traditional landline systems. Some of the benefits of internet phones are as follows:
- Mobility: Internet phone services allow a business to use a mobile phone as an extension of the business phone, which extends the phone system to anywhere you are located. You can make and receive calls and also can get forwarded calls from your office or anywhere. This is more beneficial for remote employees and people who visit clients.
- Portability: You can use your personal or any phone and computer as your personal extension so that you are not limited to making or receiving calls at your desk.
- Flexibility: Internet phone service provides some advanced features; it can set up a schedule on weekdays and forward it to your mobile phone at the end of the day or weekends.
- Accessibility: Most internet phone service providers offer advanced accessibility features. In this feature, voicemail converts into text and is sent by text message or email. You can get the details of calls on your phone or computer.
- Integrations: The same voice-to-text feature of internet phone means that your system can be integrated with third-party applications. When you receive a call, you can scan the number and get relevant information about that number.
How is internet phone beneficial?
Internet phone service is cheap as compared to the old telephone system for a business, and it includes more features. Some of the major benefits of cheap business internet phone services are as mentioned:
- Saves your money.
- Has multiple useful features.
- Services include local and long-distance (also international) calling.
- Provides high-quality voice calls.
- Has more affordable software as well as hardware.
- The internet phone service is cheap in comparison to the traditional phone service for a business, making it very appealing for those looking to cut costs.
- Internet phone gives residences as well as small businesses more flexibility and more savings than a traditional phone service could.
How is business internet phone service so cheap?
Here are some reasons why cheap business internet phone services are offered:
- Cheap business internet phone service performs over your existing internet connection.
- Internet phone service or VoIP works with computers, which are becoming cheaper and cheaper.
- You can use your already existing internet connection to place internet phone calls, and there’s no need to purchase a separate phone line.
- The hardware and equipment required for an internet phone are very minimal and hence it is easy to set up and manage.
What features are included in a business internet phone service?
Business internet phone services offer many more productive features than a traditional phone service. Below is the list of the features you may find most beneficial in business internet phone services:
- Voicemail to email
- Voicemail to text
- Voicemail transcription
- Call forwarding
- Call recording
- Call Queues
- Interactive voice response
- Interoffice instant messaging
- Conference calling
- Automated attendants
- Extension dialing
- Ring groups
- Directory assistance
- Call transferring
- Internet Faxing
- Call reports
- Call monitoring
- Missed calls notifications
- Video conferencing
- Online meetings
- Instant messaging
- Auto Attendant
- Conference Calling
- Call Notifications
- Call Waiting
- Caller ID
- Dial by Name
- Do Not Disturb
- Group Paging
- Virtual Extensions
- Simultaneous Ring
- Music on Hold
All business internet phone services come with tons of features that you would normally have to pay for in case of a traditional phone service.