An overview of online English learning
English is the fourth most spoken local languages in the world, and in terms of the number of speakers, it is the most-spoken professional language in the world. It is the primary language used in worldwide affairs. The English language has official status even in countries in which it isn’t always the primary spoken language. English is certainly the primary language of worldwide trade and commerce. In many nations, maximum tourism authorities and other officials in contact with the general public speak English to interact with tourists and immigrants.
What does online English learning mean?
- Online English learning is the process of mastering English from writing to speaking through online classes.
- Students can learn English from beginner level to advanced level online using various written, aural and video courses and classes.
- Learning English online has many advantages as compared to learning in the traditional classroom environment.
- Students can learn English online at their own tempo and repeat the difficult set of exercises and classes to enhance their skills constantly.
- Online English classes make use of a variety of teaching methods for revision of concepts and reading practice.
- There are various tools available online like interactive exams, video lessons, and other beneficial tools that are helpful for students in the learning process and help them in analyzing their performance.
What are the advantages of learning English online?
- One of the major advantages of learning English through online classes is that students have a far better level of control over the speed of their learning, which is a major help that allows them to spend more time on the difficult aspects of English.
- Rather than being held back by the speed of a traditional classroom or pushed in advance at a pace that’s beyond their abilities, students can learn at a pace that is appropriate for them, permitting them to learn the language without any confusion or difficulty.
- Another benefit of learning English online is that students can focus on those aspects of English in which they need maximum help. From developing the vocabulary to the writing, the students who learn English online can dedicate more time to fixing their weak points in English.
What are the challenges of learning English through online classes?
While there are many advantages of learning English online, it also poses major challenges for students:
- As the students learn at their own speed, they need to be motivated sufficiently and more dedicated to making steady and measurable progress.
- It is very essential for the students to achieve balance in their English learning. This may mean balance in written as well as spoken English or focusing equally on aspects such as vocabulary, spelling, grammar, listening skills, and much more.
- Alison: It was opened in 2007 and is still the best place to learn. This website has more than 750 courses. It focuses on improving work skills to help you get a new job or a promotion in your current job.
- MOOEC: This website is only for English learners. MOOEC, which stands for Massive Open Online English Course, has their website with tutorials for learners at all levels, from beginners to advance.
- Future Learn: There are many online English courses and classes available that can be done on your own. However, Future Learn motivates students to be extra social and converse with the other people taking the same courses.
- Udemy: Udemy helps you learn by making use of video lectures, written materials, and quizzes. You can watch videos to enhance your learning and then take a test to ensure that you understood everything.
- Open Learning: You’ll find a very friendly environment at Open learning. Here, it is possible for anyone to take or create a course. You may not find as many college professors, but there are many experts available who want to share their skills.
What is the importance of learning English?
- English is the most commonly spoken language all over the world.
- Knowledge of English increases your probabilities of getting a decent job in a multinational company.
- English is considered the official language of 53 countries.
- It is considered the language of the media industry as well.
- Most of the online content is available in English.
- It is one of the most widely used languages for study materials, such as for science, aviation, computers, diplomacy, and tourism as well.