Here’s what you should know about high-efficiency detergents
Many people end up committing the biggest laundry mistake by using regular detergents when they are washing their clothes in the new high-efficiency washers. Is it okay to do so? The simple answer to that question is no. You should never use regular detergents as they are not compatible with the new age washers.
Read further to know more about the much- talked high-efficiency detergent and how to use it.
What is a high-efficiency detergent?
- A high-efficiency detergent is a new detergent which is designed for the modern washers you see in the market these days.
- It is a highly concentrated detergent formula, which works wonders when used in high-efficiency front load and top load washers.
- These are low-sudsing detergents and work perfectly in low energy saving washers with minimum water.
- If you are looking for buying a high-efficiency detergent in the supermarket, look for the ‘HE’ symbol in the detergent bottle. HE stands for high efficiency.
How is HE washing machine different from the regular one?
- HE washers are advanced and better than the traditional washers in many ways.
- They are bigger than the regular washers, and hence you can save time by washing more clothes at one go.
- The HE machines don’t have the agitator in their drum, unlike the regular ones, hence there is space for more clothes. Also, the entire washing process of clothes is gentler than in the ordinary washers.
- Since it holds up more clothes than the regular machines, it has more dirt to work with. Because of this, HE washers require a high quality HE detergent.
Why are high-efficiency detergents important?
- It is no secret that the traditional washers are one of the main reasons behind the water and electricity bills, which are giving you nightmares.
- That is when the new age HE washers come into the picture. These machines use about 80% less water and save up to 65% of energy.
- High-efficiency detergents are smart detergents, which are specially designed keeping in mind the needs of the HE washers.
How much high-efficiency detergent should you use for every wash?
- Using the right amount of soap is necessary for the best results.
- To determine the quantity of detergent, keep in mind factors like the dirt level of the clothes, amount of laundry, and the hardness of water.
- Use more detergent if you wash clothes with hard water.
Can you use regular soap while doing your laundry in high-efficient washers?
- You should never use regular detergents while doing your laundry with high-efficiency washers.
- This is because regular detergents create too much of suds which interfere with the washing process of the HE washers.
- Regular soaps generate excess of bubbles which then interrupt the tumbling action of the HE washers, making the entire washing process slow and less efficient.
- If you use a high-sudsing detergent, your HE washer will be confused with the amount of suds and take an extra water cycle to wash the clothes, which means an approximate of 10 gallons of more water and energy.
- Not just that, regular detergents might put your warranty of the laundry machine at risk and might damage it.
What are the top brands of high-efficiency detergent you should consider buying?
- The best thing about high-efficiency detergent is that it is easily available in the market and costs same as the regular detergents.
- If you are looking for HE detergents, then Tide Free and Gentle High-Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent, Wisk Deep Clean Laundry Detergent and Tide PODS Free & Gentle HE Turbo Laundry Detergent are some of the detergents you consider.
Use high-efficiency detergents along with the high-efficiency washers to make your overall laundry experience hassle-free. You will save time, water, energy and money with HE washers and detergents.