Household solutions to remove ink stains effectively
Ink stains are one of the most stubborn spots to get rid of. The strong blue or black ink can leave quite an impact on the clothes and it can get very tough to remove ink stains. However, don’t worry. If none of the products are helping you remove the stubborn ink stains, then you can try out these natural household solutions which are highly effective and affordable too.
Can milk be used for removing an ink stain?
Yes, milk can be used for ink stain removal.
The way to remove ink stains from your clothes by using milk requires you to soak the cloth in a mixture of milk and vinegar overnight that will break the ink spots down gradually. You have to take a large bowl and soak the stained cloth in a mixture of two-part milk and one white part vinegar. After this, you will need to remove the affected cloth, hang it dry for a while and then wash it like a regular item.
Which food items are ideal for ink stain removal?
You will be surprised to know that a number of regular kitchen items can act effectively for ink stain removal. Some remedies that you can use to remove ink stains include:
- Salt can be used for this purpose. When the ink stain is wet, you can pour some salt on it. After this, you would just gently need to dab it with a wet paper towel and then brush off the salt. This works magically for removal of ink stains.
- Cream of tartar is another remedy for removing the ink stains. For ink stain removal, you can make a simple paste by mixing two tablespoons of tartar cream along with two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Cornstarch is another remedy for effectively getting rid of ink on the carpet. To use this remedy, you will need to make a mixture of milk and cornstarch. After applying this paste, give it some time to dry off and then vacuum clean the cloth.
- Another household item that you can use to remove ink stains is butter. You can apply butter on the affected area and then leave it in the sun to dry. After a few days, you can simply wash it off normally to get rid of the stain.
Are there any cosmetic products that can be used for ink stain removal?
In case you are not very keen on the idea of applying food on to your clothes, leading to a chance of more stains, then you can even use these cosmetic products to remove ink stains.
- Although this comes as a surprising fact, a hairspray can be used for removing ink stains without too much of an issue.
- Additionally, you can also use toothpaste to remove the stain. Just apply it on the affected area and rub it off after a while to get rid of the stubborn ink mark.
- In case you have tried the age-old water and soap removal technique on your ink stain without avail, then you should try out a nail polish remover. Much like your nails, you can apply this to a cotton ball and rub off the ink stain.
Is rubbing alcohol a good remedy for removing ink stains?
Yes, rubbing alcohol is an effective remedy in the removal of ink stains. If there ever is a bothersome ink stain on any of your clothes, then you can simply rub it off with this type of alcohol, let it dry for a few minutes, and wash it how you would wash the cloth normally.
How can you use sandpaper for ink stain removal?
For removing the ink off your clothes, you would need a fine grit sandpaper. It is a great remedy for removing or minimizing the ink stains, especially from suede fabrics.
Once you use a sandpaper to rub off the stain, you will need to buff it gently with a nail brush or a toothbrush.