How to pick the best bathroom cleaner
With regard to the bathroom, the cleaner the better. Depending on how much traffic you get in your bathroom, you might need to clean it anywhere from once a week to every alternate day, or sometimes, even every single day.
Everyone is pretty aware of how to clean a toilet, but most people aren’t aware as to how often a toilet should be cleaned. Knowing this is just as important as knowing how to do it. If you don’t clean your bathroom properly, you risk contracting a lot of diseases. If you overdo it, you could be exposing everyone to a lot of harmful fumes from the cleaning chemicals. Needless to say, health should always come first.
All of this points to one thing—picking the right kind of bathroom cleaner. Undoubtedly, the best bathroom cleaner for you will be one that meets all your needs. Here are a few questions you should consider when picking a bathroom cleaner that’s best for you.
How often should you clean your bathroom?
- A good rule of thumb to start with is to clean your bathroom inside-out and thoroughly, at least once a week. Take a cleaning break any longer than that, and you’re inviting trouble into your bathroom.
- Having said that, your individual needs may be different.
- For example, you may only have 2 or 3 members in your family using a single bathroom. This means you can easily stay within the 7-day limit. However, if any more than 4 or 5 members are utilizing a single bathroom at any given time, you may need to clean your bathroom, at most, every two days. An even better scenario is to clean it every alternate day.
- Once you know how often you’re cleaning your bathroom, you can go on to deciding what products you need. It is also good to know what level of cleaning you’d like to be engaging in and how often.
How many bathroom cleaning products do you need?
- Your entire bathroom is probably not on even footing. This simply means that some parts need more cleaning than others. This probably isn’t a surprise for you. So, before you can go out and buy the best bathroom cleaner, decide what needs to be cleaned and to what extent.
- Your bathtubs and shower curtains, mirrors, and walls, including the ceiling perhaps, have to be cleaned less often than the toilet, sink, and the floor. This is where you decide what kind of products to use, when, and where.
What should you look for in a bathroom cleaner?
- Although all bathroom cleaners are a combination of more or less the same chemicals, only varying in degree and intensity, there are some traits that set the good ones apart from the rest.
- One of the most important things you should look out for in bathroom cleaners when looking for the best for you is whether they’re labeled as bleach-free. Now that more and more people are growing aware of the consequences of using bleach regularly, there are many non-bleach options available. Besides, these non-bleach options might also prove to be cheaper.
- Secondly, the best bathroom cleaner is one that also doubles up as a disinfectant. It should kill most germs found in common bathrooms, at the very least. Yes, you need a cleaner and more aesthetic bathroom, and touching the faucet shouldn’t land you or your family members with salmonella or any other infection that could have been easily avoided.
- Finally, and this may be negotiable for many people, not all best bathroom cleaners you use should be abrasive. Your bathroom cabinet should restrict itself with one, or at most, two abrasive cleaners, and these are to be used sparingly, if at all, and only for stains that are tough to remove.
What are some must-have bathroom cleaners?
- When it comes to indispensables in your bathroom cabinet, an all-purpose cleaner is a no-brainer. This is one of the products you should always have stocked, because you never know when you’ll need it.
- Tilex is one of the best and most well-known all-purpose bathroom cleaners out there. It’s especially helpful in removing soap-scum and grime. It’s best for use on non-porous surfaces and kills 99.9% germs; you’re getting double benefits from one product. It also has a faint lemon scent that many users love.
- Another popular product is Clorox. Do not choose the Clorox bleach; select the Clorox Disinfectant spray that has similar properties instead.
Once you’ve gone through the given ideas, ensure that you select the best bathroom cleaner to meet your needs and requirements. Hygiene is an important concern for the entire family, so never settle for anything less.