You shell out a big amount of money every time you decide to buy a TV for your new house or decide to upgrade your current TV. Buying a TV can dent your pockets, especially if you mindlessly enter a TV shop and purchase a brand-new TV.
So, what is the right thing to do once you decide that you want to buy a television set? A smart advice would be to know your needs, budget and when to buy.
This buying guide will save from the trouble of a disastrous purchase.
What is the best time to purchase TV?
- Yes, it is true. There is a correct time to buy a TV. The best time to buy TV is during sale. In this way, you will not only save up money but also get good features without paying a bomb.
- It is observed that January and February are surprisingly the best months for TV sales. Wondering why? One of the reasons is the arrival of the Super Bowl, which happens in February. All the top TV brands try their best to lure their customers into buying a bigger flat screen by giving them great TV sales deals.
- Also, because all the stores aim at clearing their last year stock by March, they are willing to give great discounts on TV.
- Thanksgivings is another best time for TV sales, which is closely followed by Black Friday and Cyber Monday. With Black Friday and it being Christmas month, December is another month where you can manage getting a good TV sales deal.
Should you buy from online sites or stores?
- In most cases, when there is a sale online on a TV brand that you want to purchase, you would find the same price if you visit an authorized store. This is because most of the TV manufacturing brands make sure to have a unilateral pricing policy.
- But with that said, it is still best to purchase TV online. This is because during TV sales time if you shop online you get a wider range of products to choose from, while a store might only offer you limited options.
- Also, some of the best online retailers offer irresistible price deals that you might not find offline.
Which are the popular sites that have great tv sales?
- The best thing about buying a TV online is that most sites give you the luxury of price -matching, which makes it easy for you to choose the site with best price and deals.
- Some of the best sites to check out during the tv sale season are Amazon, Best Buy, Newegg Target, and Costco.
- Make sure to pay attention to factors like shipping charges, warranty and return policy before you buy a new TV from any of these sites.
What to do once you score a great TV deal?
- Are you looking for more ways to save after you grab a great deal? Yes, there are many smart ways in which you can further save money.
- You can consider buying a TV which comes with a 30 -day price match guarantee. Meanwhile keep your hunt for the perfect TV on, if you find something better, you can return the current TV and get a new one.
- Another way to save up money is by buying Open- Box TV from stores. Most of the stores sell the TVs which are returned by the customer for a discounted rate. You can also ask them if they have any display models for sale. Just do a thorough testing of the product before buying it.
- You can also consider buying a used TV or refurbished TV, which are TV sets that once had a manufacturing defect and is now repaired, to get more discounts during sale time.
During sale season, make sure that you are active on all social media sites to stay up to date with the best promotional deals and discounts.