Popular smartphone plans for seniors
Technological advancements have paved the way for enhanced communication, which is why popular network solutions and phone companies are bringing out the best smartphone plans for seniors at very affordable prices. These cell phone plans are specifically designed keeping in mind what the seniors would need and benefit from without having to spend on pricy tariffs.
Standard tariffs are fine for regular smartphone users. However, the elderly have a different use and purpose for the same. Tariffs should cater to seniors who can benefit from low-cost plans and take advantage of subsidized plans. Seniors who are under Medicaid, Food Stamps, SNAP, Supplemental Security Income, and the Federal Lifeline Program can benefit from a number of subsidies.
With the growing number of telecom giants and service providers, it can get very confusing to find out which smartphone plans for seniors will be best suited for your requirements. Here are a few pointers that will help you narrow down the best smartphone plan from the multitude of options.
Which are the best pay-as-you-go plans for seniors?
- T-Mobile and AT&T offer some of the best pay-as-you-go smartphone plans for seniors.
- These plans cater to seniors who are not active smartphone or cell phone users for that matter but want the option of staying in touch with friends and family.
- T-Mobile’s pay-as-you-go plans are priced at a very affordable rate of $3 per month, which includes a combination of 30 minutes talk time or texts with additional overage priced at 10 cents per extra minute or text message.
- AT&T GoPhone Daily offers an attractive plan which is priced at just $2 per day use. The plan features unlimited minutes and text messages. This particular smartphone plan for seniors allows you to top up and use the services on the days you want to use the $2 plan.
Which are the best flexible plans for seniors?
- Ting and US Mobile are some of the popular network service providers when it comes to the best flexible smartphone plans for seniors.
- Ting mobile offers base plans which start at $6 per month offering minutes, data, and text messages after the usage is accounted for separately and billed accordingly.
- US Mobile offers plans which have a base price of $4 per month with billing options for texts, data, and messages.
- Both plans have multiple pricing tiers to cater to the plans and your cell phone usage, which is charged accordingly.
Which are the best smartphone plans for seniors who are tech savvy?
- Seniors who love to use their smartphones for more than just calling and texting can benefit from these plans offered by Cricket wireless and Boost telecom.
- Cricket wireless offers plans which start at a base price of $35 approx.
- With 5GB of data and unlimited calling and texting, this monthly plan is an affordable option for the elderly who want to do more than just attend a few calls and check their email.
- The plan also features an autopay option that enables monthly recharge without interrupting services in case you forget to pay the bill on time.
- Boost Mobile unlimited offers one of the best smartphone plans for seniors with unlimited texts, calls, and data usage for a monthly charge of just $50 approx.
- Boost mobile offers the best plans when it comes to savy smartphone users to make the most of the unlimited services available across the country.
Which is the popular emergency smartphone plan available for seniors?
- GreatCall offers an attractive alternative when it comes to emergency plans for seniors with their We Talk 200 plan.
- GreatCall’s We Talk 200 is reasonably priced at $14.99 approx. that offers 200 minutes of calling only.
- The plan does not offer any text or data usage and also comes with a simple user friendly cell phone provided by Jitterbug for the not so tech savvy seniors.
Other popular carriers that offer both regular cell phone and smartphone plans for seniors include Virgin Mobile, MetroPCS, and Verizon, all having a monthly rental priced at approx. $50.