A computer tablet is a compact version of a traditional desktop computer or laptop. The device is highly portable and mainly features a mobile operating system with a touchscreen display. The high-end variants are capable of handling applications and processes that you would normally run on a traditional system.
There are different types of computer tablets you can compare including slates, mini tablets, phablets, 2-in-1 tablets, gaming tablets, and booklets. You can also check out customized business tablets that are design-specific when it comes to the hardware and software configuration. However, before buying one, you must consider things such as the input method, screen size, battery life, storage capacity, operating software, and the cost of the device.
While there are many brands offering the best computer tablets, popular brands such as Apple, Microsoft, Google, and Amazon are among the top choices. In the following article, a few key features of the popular tablets are discussed. These will help you decide on choosing the right tablet for your needs.
- Apple has established itself as one of the greatest pioneers of tablet computing technology with the iPad series.
- The computer tablet offers a combination of stunning design and computing power that is second to none.
- More than the design, Apple products offer the best in-depth colorful display that will most certainly capture your attention.
- The new iPad 2018 has a redefined design and user interface with a decent 9.7-inch 1536 x 2048 resolution display.
- It is powered by the latest A10 fusion chip with 2GB of RAM and offers up to 128 GB internal storage for applications.
- On the downside, however, the new iPad does not support external memory cards and offers only a 1.2MP front camera.
- One of the problems tablet users face is the size of the keyboard that is limited to the screen size of the tablet.
- Apple has come up with an innovative solution to the problem with its iPad Pro computer tablet that comes with a 10.5-inch screen.
- The iPad Pro offers additional support for the Apple Pencil and compatibility with the Smart Keyboard.
- Typing on the Smart Keyboard boosts your productivity and offers a hassle-free user experience.
- Although the product does not offer support for an external memory card, you can still make the most of the 512GB internal memory.
- The computer tablet is powered by the A10X Fusion chip with 4GB memory support for the iOS 11 upgrade.
- The Microsoft Surface Pro could very well be a viable replacement for your laptop that offers both a touch and type input.
- Among standard features of this rather expensive alternative are an improved surface pen and integrated kickstand that supports the screen.
- The most expensive variant is powered by the Intel Core i7 processor with 16GB of memory.
- It also offers internal storage up to 1TB, perhaps the highest available with any computer tablet in the market.
- Android computer tablets are gaining popularity with Google’s Pixel C as the product features a sleek design and a solid build.
- More importantly, the magnetic keyboard is a popular accessory that further increases this tablet’s functionality.
- The Google Pixel C is powered by a Nvidia X1 quad-core Maxwell GPU supported by 3GB of RAM and offers a maximum of 64GB internal storage.
- Although the operating system still runs on Android Marshmallow 6.0, the productivity and overall usability of the tablet is satisfactory for the price.
- In terms of affordability, the Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet is priced low and it costs just under $80.
- The computer tablet is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor with 1.5GB memory support to run all functions efficiently.
- In comparison to Apple’s iPad mini, the Amazon Fire HD is more durable for a fraction of the price.
- Amazon makes this claim owing to the premium build quality of the Fire tablet.