Things to consider before buying a Teacup Yorkie in a sale
The world can get too lonely for someone who has to come back to an empty home after a day’s work. Well, who other than man’s best friend is fit to lighten up the mood after a hectic day at work? Coming home to wagging tails and sloppy kisses can be quite therapeutic. These four-legged creatures are known for their loyalty and immense love they shower upon you. Dogs can immediately transform a quiet home into an exciting place. In addition to giving their masters the much-required cuddles, dogs are also amazing guards. No matter what the size of the dog is, it is wired in a manner that it will protect you at any cost. Even tiny breed dogs like Teacup Yorkies can protect their masters by raising the alarm at any intrusion.
If you are considering buying an adorable puppy that will give you all the cuddles you need, or a tiny-sized guardian for your child, a Teacup Yorkie will fit the bill perfectly. Here are some things you need to know before you buy Teacup Yorkies in a sale.
What is a Teacup Yorkie?
- The term ‘Teacup Yorkie’ is applied to a Yorkshire Terrier that is abnormally small for even its already small breed. Teacup Yorkie isn’t an actual breed of dog; it’s a tiny Yorkshire Terrier. Usually, dogs that weigh less than 4 pounds are addressed as teacup puppies.
- A normal Yorkshire Terrier weighs between 4 and 7 pounds when it matures. A Teacup Yorkie will weigh less than 4 pounds, and can easily fit into a teacup. Thus, the name “Teacup Yorkie.”
Where can one find Teacup Yorkies for sale?
- If you are interested in buying a Teacup Yorkie, you can visit pet shops where there are Teacup Yorkies for sale. A Teacup Yorkie can cost around $1200 to $1500.
- Another way of buying a Teacup Yorkie is by contacting a breeder. They put up different breeds of dogs for sale, and one can even find a Teacup Yorkie for sale from such breeders. However, it is common knowledge that the dogs adopted from breeders aren’t always healthy.
- Faulty breeding can cause congenital disabilities in dogs.
- Also, various animal shelters have dog breeds like Teacup Yorkies for sale. And, here you won’t have to pay a lot of money for buying Teacup Yorkies. Only nominal charges will be levied upon you.
What are the characteristics of a Teacup Yorkie?
- When we say “Teacup Yorkie” it actually indicates that the Yorkshire Terrier is tiny enough to fit into a teacup. They are very tiny and are to be handled with care.
- They aren’t temperamental but do get aggressive when they sense danger.
- Since they are quite tiny, they are quite fragile and vulnerable to various diseases.
- One cannot claim that they are the right guard dog for your home since their size proves as a disadvantage. However, like every other dog, Teacup Yorkies have a keen sense of hearing and smell and can alert his owners in case someone trespasses.
Which are the common health issues faced by Teacup Yorkies?
Like every other dog, Teacup Yorkies too face health issues. Vaccination against rabies and gastrointestinal diseases are quite common, but before buying Teacup Yorkies in a sale, it is advisable to get acquainted with the health issues they face.
- Since Teacup Yorkies are inbred to attain the required size, this makes them quite weak. Their immunity isn’t as strong as the usual Yorkshire Terrier.
- Also, due to their small stature, Teacup Yorkies are more prone to congenital disabilities and conditions like portosystemic shunt or small kidneys.
- Their bones too are quite fragile, and their kneecaps can be easily dislocated.
So, before going to buy the Teacup Yorkies for sale in your neighborhood, consider the factors mentioned above.