Tips for buying furniture for an RV
A recreational vehicle (RV) is the most favored mode of transport for traveling and camping enthusiasts. RVs, popularly known as motorhomes, offer a plethora of amenities, from furniture to furnishings. They provide the comfort of a regular home as you travel.
From time-to-time, you might need to change or repair the interiors of an RV. Here are some important points you must consider while browsing and shopping for furniture for your RV.
What do you mean by RV furniture?
- RV furniture is regular furniture that has been remodeled and redesigned to suit your travel and camping needs on the go.
- Motorhomes offer ample space for different types of living room, bedroom, and even kitchen furniture, which is specially customized for an RV installation.
- Class A motorhomes, in particular, are moving palaces on wheels where you can install sofas, tables, beds, and all the gadgets and gizmos that are a part of a small apartment.
- The cost of furniture varies depending on the type of furniture, the quality of materials used, its brand value, and most importantly the overall installation.
Which are the popular types of RVs available in the market?
- It is important to assess the type of camping or traveling you plan to indulge in before browsing through the different types of RVs available in the market.
- RVs are fully functional houses on wheels with all the amenities included within the chassis.
- Popular types of RVs include class A motorhomes, which feature palatial houses on wheels; camper vans; travel trailers; pop-up trailers; sports utility RV (SURV) trailers; and truck campers.
- Note that the size of your RV will determine the type of furniture that you can install keeping both safety and comfort in mind.
Are there any specific types of RV furniture?
- RV furniture has to be custom made to be installed into the different types of RVs available in the market.
- However, space constraint is one of the pressing problems when it comes to shopping for RV furniture.
- Popular types of RV furniture include captain chairs for the driver, sofas that double up into a bed, and RV-recliner seats to make the passengers more comfortable inside the motorhome.
- RV furniture will also include all the home decor that furnish your bedroom, kitchen, and the living room, including appliances, interior furnishings, and all the essential hardware.
- Motorhomes also require custom fittings that include RV heating and cooling systems, plumbing, electrical fittings, storage hardware, and everything that is necessary to make the RV habitable.
What are the basic points to consider while shopping for RV furniture?
- Planning is crucial be it for a new RV furniture purchase or even a complete overhaul of a used RV. You cannot just take measurements and venture out to buy RV furniture.
- One of the most important points to consider is the installation process, as custom-made RV furniture requires special tools and expertise to ensure a comfortable ride.
- Convertible RV furniture is a real space saver and includes sofas that double up into beds, beds that can be converted into hardtop tables, and storage spots that double up into benches.
- Try to save some money while shopping, as it is not necessary to buy new furniture every single time. You can simply have the leather upholstered and do the necessary repair work to the existing fittings if the damage is not too much.
- Package deals on RV furniture will also help you save some money on the purchase and installation. It is economical to buy a set that includes the furniture and furnishings necessary to spruce up the interiors of your vehicle.
- While the type of RV and its specifications will determine furniture installation, it is advisable to not shop for the furniture that is specific to one RV. Price is another major reason to avoid buying specific RV furniture as standard furniture will be cheaper. It is also very easy to modify standard furniture as opposed to specific RV furniture.
- Although you may feel the need to change the furniture from time to time, an RV is a luxurious one-time purchase. It is ideal to buy furniture which is easy to modify. Consider factors such as your usage, the terrain you will be passing through often, etc. before choosing your RV furniture.