What to consider when buying a business phone
“The mobile phone is used from when you get up in the morning and is often the last thing you interact with at night.” – Nihal Mehta, Eniac Ventures
In the late 1990s, the use of mobile phones increased rapidly among businessmen, not because it was a luxury, but because it was a necessity. Ever since, mobile phones play a major role in businesses. It’s nearly impossible to maintain your business efficiently without a good mobile phone with the necessary features. Along with a phone, the best business phone contract deals should be explored to get the best for your business.
- Flexibility: Before mobile phones were invented, all we had were landline phones. These phones restricted the growth of businesses, as not everyone could be next to the landline phone all the time. But the introduction of mobile phones into the market have helped businesses expand worldwide.
- Technology: Mobile phones have a lot of technical features in them, which has reduced efforts needed in various tasks. Making deals, sending emails or documents, accessing the internet, making conference calls across the globe, etc., are some of the benefits of technology in mobile phones.
- International communication: Mobile phones enable us to connect with businesses across the globe, irrespective of the time zone differences.
Is it necessary to upgrade your business phone year after year?
- Most of us have an opinion that the latest version of any phone brand would be better than the previous one.
- However, this is not always true.
- Every business phone has to have a few features that would help the business to be carried out smoothly, without any hindrances.
- If this purpose is served by a phone that is a version older and you get a good performance, there’s no need to upgrade to the next version of the phone year after year.
- You may change the phone when you feel the need for new technologies that would support your business, making it more efficient.
- This way, the situation is managed very economically.
- Instead, you can upgrade the business phone contract deals to the best ones time and again.
How can you know when to change your phone?
- Slowness while navigating: Having a phone that works very slow is like a nightmare. You would hate to use your phone if it takes forever to let you move from one application to another. You might as well dump the phone rather than waiting for it to respond.
- Outdated version: When the phone is not upgrading to the next version, you need to realize that it is time to change your phone.
- Poor battery life: The life of the battery in any device has its limitations in terms of performance. Sometimes you could replace the battery, but it’s better to get a new phone instead.
- Lack of space in the phone: If you have been using the phone for quite a long time, you will run out of space in the phone.
What are the basic features required in business phones?
- Mobile conference calling: This feature enables workers from different parts of the world to connect and join in the conference call so that work can be managed better among multiple people.
- Free voicemail: It is possible that a business person would be engaged in something important. Hence, having a voicemail feature would be helpful in receiving the messages that can be missed.
- Hardware: If you are someone who travels a lot on business trips, the hardware of the phone needs to be good and strong so that you can avoid breakage and damage to the phone.
- Long battery life: If a phone could promise you a longer battery life, you should definitely go for it, knowing that how fast smartphones can drain out while the internet is being used.
- Qwerty keyboards: A professional business person would prefer having a Qwerty keyboard in their phone in order to be able to type clearer and longer emails without errors.
- Remote data wiping: In case your phone has some sensitive client data and you unfortunately lose the phone, this feature would remotely delete the data from the device.
- Synchronized calendars: This is a great feature that can sync your work and home calendars and assist by syncing multiple calendars to your business phone.
- News and data updates: This is a great feature that highlights the latest industry news as push notifications.
How can you choose a good phone?
A list of things are to be kept in mind before choosing a phone to buy:
- Mobile carriers and affordable plans
- Operating system
- Design and functionality
- Size and type of display
- Internal memory and space
- Battery life
- Software and integrated functions
Lastly, don’t forget to get the best business phone contract deals to make the best use of the phone.