What to know before buying the new Toyota RAV4
Do you want to buy a compact SUV? Do you also want it to be a five-seater to accommodate your family on tours? Honda CR-V, Mazda CX-5, Toyota RAV4, or any other? With so many options to choose from, it is a difficult task to decide what is best. There will be both pros and cons to be weighed out to make any decision. If you need help comparing the all new Toyota RAV4 with its competitors, here’s an exhaustive compilation.
Which is better, the new Toyota RAV4 or Honda CR-V?
- The Honda CR-V is the superior SUV in this class over a Toyota.
- The CRV is a two-row family vehicle that offers ample leg room for passengers to sit comfortably, stretched out.
- Also, its large cargo area can easily hold the luggage of all the occupants.
- Apart from this, the CRV gets a slightly higher rating for crash tests. Hence, the CRV stands to be one of the best among the compact SUVs available out there.
Which is better, the new Toyota RAV4 or Mazda CX-5?
- The engine of a CX-5 is peppier and makes driving fun with its lithe handling.
- Thus, the Mazda CX-5 offers an exciting ride for those who look for more driving dynamics than that of the RAV4.
- On the inside too, the CX-5 looks refined, with seats that are comfortable and spacious, which makes the ride smooth.
- Although the RAV4 scores better with a higher predicted reliability rating when compared to the CX-5, the Mazda wins an edge in almost all other categories.
Which is better, the new Toyota RAV4 or NISSAN ROGUE®?
- The RAV4 and the NISSAN ROGUE® almost match each other in their segment.
- Both these cars offer comfortable interiors, with spacious leg room for occupants and ample cargo area.
- However, the Rogue gets some additional class with premium materials used in its cabin. Also, the Rogue can be upgraded with a panoramic sunroof and leather seats. This option isn’t available in the RAV4.
Which Toyota RAV4 trim is right for you?
Along with its predecessors, the LE, XLE, SE, limited, and platinum variants, the new 2018 Toyota RAV4 has an addition, that is, the Adventure trim. All trims come with a standard front-wheel drivetrain. This can be updated to an all-wheel drive with an additional charge of $700 for the RAV4 Adventure or for $1,400 on all other variants.
- Toyota RAV4 LE: With a starting price of $24,510, this base trim level gets a whole lot of standard and advanced safety features. Embedded with the Toyota Safety Sense™, it comes with standard features like lane departure warning and lane keeping assist, pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, adaptive cruise control, and automatic headlamps with high beams, along with a rearview camera. The cabin gets fabric seats and an infotainment system with a 6.1 inches touch-screen display, six speakers, a USB port, bluetooth, and voice recognition.
- Toyota RAV4 XLE: With a price tag of $25,600, the RAV4 XLE costs just about $1,100 more than the base variant and can get some real attention from automobile shoppers. Some of the additional goodies that come with this variant are a power liftgate and a dual-zone automatic climate control. Also, its enhanced infotainment includes an upgrade with features like Siri Eyes Free, navigation, radio that supports HD, and satellite radio. Apart from these standard features, Toyota also offers the extra value “Plus” package at an additional cost of $890. This add-on bundle gives you a few extra features, such as a proximity key, blind spot monitoring, and rear cross traffic alert. Apart from this, there are several upgrade add-on packages available, which include front and rear parking sensors, heated front seats, and enhanced smartphone integration.
- Toyota RAV4 Adventure: This new Toyota RAV4 model is available at a price of $27,800. This RAV4 sets itself apart with its styling elements. Mechanical components like Tow Prep package, power outlet in the cargo area, and raised ground clearance add points to it.
- Toyota RAV4 SE: At $28,890, this athletic sibling of the new Toyota RAV4 comes with a sport-tuned suspension and paddle shifters on the steering wheel. The cabin gets synthetic leather seats, heated front seats, a proximity key, push-button start, and other standard driver-assisting features.
- Toyota RAV4 Platinum: At $34,850, this top-of-the-line trim has an advanced infotainment system with an 11-speaker JBL sound system. A heated steering wheel and liftgate with height adjustment is a bonus.